Sapphire Nursing and Rehab at Goshen is searching for a flexible, resourceful Speech Therapist to join our team.
The Speech Therapist's responsibilities include:
Performing patient assessments, developing individual treatment plans, family members, and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring patients and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques.
WE ARE PAYING A $5,000.00 SIGNING BONUS FOR THIS POSITION ( paid after 30 days).
Speech Therapist Responsibilities:
Provides therapy to patients as prescribed by a referring physician which includes; Language Stimulation, Language Therapy, Oral Motor exercises, Dysphagia Therapy, and Augmentative Communication Therapy.
Ensures appropriate follow-up action upon diagnostic findings, with further multidisciplinary and family contact, as required.
Participates in speech/language screening procedures as scheduled within the department.
Participates in special diagnostic procedures with other disciplines.
Performs swallowing evaluations as needed or necessary.
· Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
· Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and teachers to design effective treatment plans.
· Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative techniques to provide the best care.
· Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by attending conferences, conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
· Educating patients and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
· Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress.
· Providing mentoring and workshops to speech therapy students.
· Evaluating patient progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
Speech Therapist Requirements:
· The SLP should possess the American Speech and Hearing Association’s (ASHA’s) Certificate of Clinical Competence for Speech-Language Pathologists (CCC-SLP)
· Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
· Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
· Familiarity with database management software.
· Excellent relationship-building skills.
· Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
We are a premier skilled nursing facility located in Orange County. We operate our facility to provide a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality and dignity. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and are constantly looking to be the best at what we do. Please join us and begin a rewarding and exceptional career.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $50,000
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Goshen, NY: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location